Terry Peacock CEng MIMechE
Terry has been working within the gases industry for over 40 years, originally starting with BOC in the UK where he was involved with design and installation of nitrous oxide manufacturing plants, air separation plants, large scale cryogenic transportation systems and cylinder filling systems. After working at the UK’s largest site at Wembley (London) for a number of years as Assistant Branch Manager (Operations), Terry relocated with his young family in 1980 to Australia undertaking various roles in BOC that included Production Manager PNG, Operations Manager North Queensland, Customer Engineering Manager NSW and finally BOC’s National Customer Engineering Manager. Terry left BOC in 1999 to form his own successful company and consultancy, Gas Technology Australia, which has since morphed into Gas Technology Global, now run by his son, Tony.
Terry is a professional chartered mechanical engineer and is a member of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers (UK).
Terry has been specifically involved on a consultancy basis with the following companies and projects:
- Consultancy: Technical advisor to Barrick Gold for their oxygen plant facility in Porgera (PNG) – 1 x 300 mtpd ASU, 1 x 350 mtpd ASU and 1 x 75 mtpd ASU.
- Consultancy: Technical advisor to Lihir Gold for their oxygen facility in PNG which included a 1400 mtpd Linde ASU, 300 mtpd Praxair ASU.
- Consultancy: Technical review, procurement assessment and project management of 400TPD oxygen plant for Dundee Precious – Bulgaria
- Consultancy – selection of a vendor for a small scale ASU for Supagas NSW.
- Consultancy – providing expert advice on Barrick Gold’s 2 x 4000 mtpd ASU’s in Dominican Republic.
- Consultancy: Technical review of 225 TPD oxygen plant at tender stage for KDG/LXML. Assist commissioning and plant technical review.
- Consultancy: Technical advice to PTAR G-Resources relating to the VPSA oxygen plant at Martabe site Indonesia.
- Consultancy: Review and technical advice to Barrick Gold Africa for their oxygen PSA in North Mara, Tanzania.
- Project management – Selection, procurement and installation of a large air compressor for the 75 MTPD oxygen plant at Barrick Gold’s PNG site.
- Design, manufacture and installation of cylinder filling plant for Linde Gas Xiamen (China) – Argon, oxygen nitrogen and carbon dioxide.
- Design of high pressure hydrogen systems: (600 bar) for JDS Uniphase & ADC (Canberra) and (1200 bar) for Redfern Optical Components – Optical Fibre Manufacturing.
- Design and project management of carbon dioxide injection system for water treatment plant at Illawarra/Woronora NSW and Macarthur Water NSW.
- Design and project management of CO2 purging systems for Power Stations (incl. Wallarawang, Liddell, Mount Piper, Collinsville).
- Design of oxy-fuel delivery system for BHP Steel Mill.
- Overhaul of hydrogen distribution system at Collinsville Power Station for Transfield Power.
- Technical Audit of air separation plants for Placer Pacific (Porgera PNG), Newcrest (was RTZ) Lihir PNG and LXML (was Oxiana now MMMetals) Sepon Copper Plant (Laos).
- Design of hydrogen plant training program and hydrogen training – Callide, Swanbank, Stanwell and Tarong Power Stations